1. Patch Forecast – Mostly sunny weather throughout the day with a very calm wind. Babylon Village will see highs near 47° and the evening lows will drop it near-freezing at 38°. A beautiful day for all!
2. A relief fund for Town of Babylon residents, including all three villages, who were affected by Superstorm Sandy has been set up. Residents can contribute to The Town of Babylon Chiefs Association Hurricane Relief Fund, in which 100 percent of donations to the fund will go to directly benefit residents of the Town of Babylon, Amityville Village, Babylon Village and Lindenhurst Village who were affected by Superstorm Sandy. Checks can be made out to “TOB Chiefs Hurricane Relief Fund” and mailed to: Town of Babylon Chiefs Association PO Box 682 Babylon NY, 11702. For further information, contact Ben Lamberson at 631-831-3908.
3. The Babylon Student-Faculty Administration is holding a Pie Sale that will end this Friday. We are offering delicious pies and 1.5 or 2 pound cookie trays from The Black Forest Bakery in Lindenhurst. All proceeds go to BSFA to fund scholarships for our graduating seniors. Get more information from the flyer here.
4. Congregation Beth Sholom will be hosting a Senior Social Time starting at 12:30 p.m. Open to the public, local residents are invited for an afternoon of cards, conversation, coffee and company.
5. Babylon Village Arts Council presents a multicultural seasonal celebration performed by Robin Greenstein and Cecelia Kirtland. Dressed in period customes, the two will sing various "Songs of the Seasons" in varied languages at Babylon Public Library starting at 7 p.m. The event is free for all.