1. Patch Forecast – The arctic chill comes back with force – Babylon Village will see a high of only 40°. Winds will remain mostly calm, but the high is nearly a 15-20 degree drop from Wednesday, so wear a heavier coat because you'll feel it! Lows in the evening will hit 32°.
2. The Village of Babylon has started an Emergency Email Notification system – head over to their website to submit your information to be updated on all emergencies directly from the village.
3. A relief fund for Town of Babylon residents, including all three villages, who were affected by Superstorm Sandy has been set up. Residents can contribute to The Town of Babylon Chiefs Association Hurricane Relief Fund, in which 100 percent of donations to the fund will go to directly benefit residents of the Town of Babylon, Amityville Village, Babylon Village and Lindenhurst Village who were affected by Superstorm Sandy. Checks can be made out to “TOB Chiefs Hurricane Relief Fund” and mailed to: Town of Babylon Chiefs Association PO Box 682 Babylon NY, 11702. For further information, contact Ben Lamberson at 631-831-3908.
4. The Suffolk County Legislature is holding a public hearing at 6 p.m. to pore over the overall preparation and response to Superstorm Sandy, which left hundreds of thousands powerless in the county and caused widespread damage to homes and properties.
5. The Suffolk County Police Department First Precinct will host its monthly Community Meeting at the First Precinct in West Babylon starting at 7 p.m.