1. We're returning to our normal daily piece – the Five Things You Need to Know – here at Babylon Village Patch in order to give everyone who has suffered through Hurricane Sandy a bit of a sense of normalcy. We hope this, while small in nature, provides a bit of a return to regular pace of the week.
2. Patch Forecast – Sunny weather post-Sandy continues throughout Babylon Village with your Monday, giving everyone a nice chance to enjoy a bright day with power still out. Winds will be from 10 to 15 mph, giving the air a bit more of a chill at 51° during the day. Make sure you bundle up for a clear evening – lows are expected to be between 32-35°.
3. LIPA is reporting Babylon Village and West Babylon have about 3,000 combined outages as of 12:01 a.m. Monday. The utility is not offering any estimates for the area, but we are entering the end of the initial 7-10 day period offered at the start of Sandy. Outages are also down about 80% from Tuesday morning.
4. Babylon, North Babylon and West Babylon Schools are closed today. All activities are cancelled as well.
5. Volunteers at the American Legion Post 94, First Presbyterian Church and West Babylon High School continue to collect items, although they are currently packed to the brim with items to deliver to hurricane victims. If you are in need or know someone in need of food, clothing or anything else, please direct them to these areas or the volunteers to these people. They are more than willing to help!