The best thing about our communities is our ability to take a peak back into the past and see the visual changes our forefathers made on our the places we live.
Occasionally, we here at Patch will dig up or find some older photographs, videos and more to share with the community to do a bit of time travel into what was and, now, what is.
The Babylon Library was originally located right on West Main Street, built across from the Village Hall in 1911. The postcard above, a painting from 1925, shows the library in its heyday as Babylon's source of knowledge.
The current library now lies in a much more modern and larger building only 100 or so feet away on South Carll Avenue. The former library building remains in use as the current home of the Village of Babylon Historical and Preservation Society.