Our local libraries are a source of both knowledge and entertainment, with informational and education events being hosted throughout the week. Babylon and West Babylon Public Libraries often host these events for little or no charge, so check out the top five events going on this week.
Week of March 11
1. A New York State Safe Boating Course will be offered by Suffolk County Marine Bureau officer Mike Axelson at Babylon Public Library on Monday, Mar. 11 at 6 p.m. The course will satisfy the new Suffolk County requirement which will be going into effect as of November 6, 2013. The course is free for all patrons; however those 18 years or over must pay a fee of $10.00 to New York State upon completion of the course. Registrants must be at least 10 years of age at the beginning of the course.
2. The West Babylon Public Library will host a meeting of its Writer's Club at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Mar. 12. No expierence necessary – join other writers to discuss creative ideas.
3. Bring a touch of Ireland to your home with this festive live floral centerpiece – Irene Morgan will be at Babylon Public Library on Mon., Mar. 11 at 6:30 p.m. to help you create one of your own to take home and enjoy.
4. Join the fun at Babylon Public Library on Wednesday, Mar. 13 at 10 a.m. for Yogalates, a five week program combining yoga and pilates. A fee of $20 is due for this course.
5. Join chef Barbara for an Irish celebration at West Babylon Public Library on Thurs., Mar. 13 with Irish Tea Time! The menu wil include scones, Irish deserts and of course, Irish tea.