Our local libraries are a source of both knowledge and entertainment, with informational and education events being hosted throughout the week. Babylon and West Babylon Public Libraries often host these events for little or no charge, so check out the top five events going on this week.
Week of March 18
1. A New York State Safe Boating Course will be offered by Suffolk County Marine Bureau officer Mike Axelson at Babylon Public Library on Monday, Mar. 18 at 6 p.m. The course will satisfy the new Suffolk County requirement which will be going into effect as of November 6, 2013. The course is free for all patrons; however those 18 years or over must pay a fee of $10.00 to New York State upon completion of the course. Registrants must be at least 10 years of age at the beginning of the course.
2. Join the fun at Babylon Public Library on Wednesday, Mar. 20 at 10 a.m. for Yogalates, a five week program combining yoga and pilates. A fee of $20 is due for this course.
3. The Babylon Public Library Board of Trustees will hold a Public Meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Wed., Mar. 20.
4. Join Ellen and Doreen at the West Babylon Public Library to welcome spring with a variety of arts and crafts at Spring Has Sprung on Wed., Mar. 20 at 4 p.m.
5. Join registered yoga teacher Cathy Adamo for a 5-week course at West Babylon Public Library for Yoga Mornings on Fri., Mar. 22 at 10:15 a.m. Yoga may increase strength, flexibility and balance, as well as create a sense of calm and focus