Are you at risk for Diabetes?
There are many risk factors that contribute to an increased risk for diabetes. To find out your risk, note each item on the list below that applies to you.
- I am 45 years of age or older
- I am overweight
- I gave birth to a baby over 9lbs
- I am not active and do not exercise
- I have a brother, sister or parent with diabetes
- I have high blood pressure
- I have high cholesterol
- I have a history of heart disease
- I am of African, Asian American, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Alaska Native descent
- I have been told my sugars are slightly high
Consult a doctor if you think you are at higher risk for diabetes.