Normally this column focuses on everything you can do in Lindenhurst and gives you what you need to know for the day – but not this time.
1. See a movie: No, sadly the old movie theater on the corner of Montauk Highway and Wellwood Avenue is no more, but kudos to the for offering a weekly to help fill the void. And it’s free.
2. Go bowling: Remember Werner’s Bowl? So tiny with its 12 lanes, but chock full of memories. This former member of the girls’ bowling team remembers it well. It’s just not the same to see an auto parts store there.
3. Land a plane: We haven’t had that ability since Zahn’s was turned into New Horizons back in the 1980s. Lindy gave that up to nearby Republic Airport in Farmingdale in favor an industrial park, and a park.
4. Sit in your car at the docks at the end of Wellwood Avenue without getting chased out: It’s beautiful there, no matter what the season, but you’d be hard-pressed to enjoy the scenery without a permit.
5. Find a 7-Eleven: Okay, so anyone who’s ever lived in Lindy knows that’s not true. There are six, including the one that replaced the Friendly’s in town (sadly, there’s another thing that can’t be done anymore), and if you also count the one on Sunrise Highway and Straight Path, and this @LindyPatch editor does.
And here’s a bonus for you – thanks to ’s list– since within our town limits we have a lesser known version of the Commack Motor Inn:
Bring your kids for a stay at the : Much like at the Commack Motor Lodge, you're more likely to find a child being conceived there than a child sleeping there!
So…what else can’t you do in ? Lindenhurst Patch would like to know.