A fire gutted a Babylon Village home on Kittiwake Lane early Thursday morning, reducing much of it to the frame and smoldering remains.
The Babylon Fire Department responded to the call at about 3:50 a.m. on Thursday, finding 30 Kittiwake Lane engulfed in flames. Reports show the fire was under control by about 6:10 a.m., with much of the home collapsed or ruined.
The home, located in the Frederick Shores section of the village, was among those hit by the deep flooding storm surges of Hurricane Sandy.
There was no word as to any potential injuries caused during or by the fire. A video taken by a bystander noted the home was vacant at the time, but that detail could not be determined at press time.
This is a breaking news story. Patch will continue to update this as more information becomes available.