Christopher Marino, 29, and Jamie L. Greco, 23, both pled not guilty to 15 felony counts of first-degree robbery in First District Court on Thursday, according to Suffolk District Attorney spokesman Robert Clifford.
Suffolk police said Marino committed the 15 robberies using a handgun starting Dec. 9, which included 6 at Subway restaurants, for cash. Greco, his girlfriend waited inside a vehicle to drive Marino away from the stores.
Greco told police investigators that, "we robbed the places because we needed heroin" in the court records, according to Newsday.
A full list of businesses the Medford couple is suspected of robbing include:
- KFC, 800 Montauk Highway, Shirley, on Jan. 7
- Mobil on the Run, 3239 Sunrise Highway, Islip Terrace, on Jan. 7
- Subway, 600-7 Portion Road, Lake Ronkonkoma, on Jan. 5
- Subway, 173 Smithtown Blvd., Nesconset, on Jan. 3
- 7-Eleven, 2810 Route 112, Medford, on Jan. 3
- Royal Market, 451 Glen Drive, Shirley, on Jan. 2
- Carvel, 536 Main St., Center Moriches, on Jan. 1
- Hess, 1801 North Ocean Ave., Medford, on Dec. 31
- Subway, 600 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on Dec. 29
- Subway, 402 Route 112, North Patchogue, on Dec. 28
- Hess Express, 440 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on Dec. 26
- Sunoco, 3423 Route 112, Coram, on Dec. 25
- Hess, 3203 Route 112, Medford, on Dec. 15
- Subway, 2920 Route 112, Medford, on Dec. 11
- Subway, 2920 Route 112, Medford, on Dec. 9