Two Central Islip men were arrested Saturday in connection with a series of commercial burglaries that have taken place at various locations on the South Shore of Suffolk County since September, police said.
Chanin Dennis, 44, and Arthur Henderson, 53, are each charged with six counts of third degree burglary related to the following burglaries:
- Sept. 22, 2013 - BP Gas, 386 Commack Road, Deer Park
- Oct. 28, 2013 - JG Deli, 147 East Main St., Bay Shore
- Nov. 5, 2013 - Citgo Gas, 1310 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Nov. 18, 2013 - Express Hero Shop, 2116 Union Blvd., Bay Shore
- Dec. 2, 2013 - Ella’s Market, 14 Washington Ave., West Sayville
- Jan. 12, 2014 - Citgo Gas, 283 West Main St., Patchogue
Forensic evidence recovered by Fifth Squad detectives at the scene of one of the burglaries, and analyzed by the Suffolk County Crime Lab helped develop leads which led to the identification of the suspects, police said.
Proceeds from the burglaries included ATM machines and cash, police said.
Dennis and Henderson are implicated in similar-type burglaries in Lynbrook, Valley Stream and Bellmore, with charges pending for those burglaries, police said.
Anyone with any information on the burglaries is asked to call the Fifth Squad at 631-854-8552 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.