1. Another scorcher on tap for today – 90 is the expected high in Babylon Village as the heat wave continues. Stay out of the sun for extended periods of time and keep cool with light clothing and lots of water.
2. Send the kids off to at Cedar Beach Marina! Campers ages 6-12 will explore Long Island’s marine habitats on the beautiful south shore beaches in Babylon. Unique specialized sessions for ages 6-8 and for 9-12 offered by Cornell educators. US Coast Guard visits campers to teach marine safety and protecting the waters from pollution. Each week costs $225 and starts at 9:00am.
3. The Town of Babylon will hold a public meeting of its Board of Trustees at Town Hall in Lindenhurst starting at 10:00 a.m.
4. Become your own cheese maker at West Babylon Public Library. Chef Richard, owner of Kanobley Catering, will take you through the process of starting at 7:00 p.m.. All participants will then take the curd and create their own ball of fresh mozzarella to take home and enjoy. Please bring a large mixing bowl to the class.
5. It's at The Bean in the village. Sip away on some great coffee and listen to local artists play their tunes, read poetry or perform comedy acts or bring your own guitar and rock out with the crowd. The event is, as always, free for all starting at 7:30pm.