The Suffolk County Office for the Aging has announced additional days on its Fall 2012 Senior Advocate Schedule.
Senior advocates are county representatives that visit community throughout Suffolk and help senior citizens with "information gathering, completion of eligibility or recertification applications and referrals to appropriate community agencies." These advocates will meet with anyone 60 years or older to help.
“Nobody should ever have to go without food, medical attention or other necessities, which is why our senior advocates literally bring these vital programs and services directly to our seniors in their own communities,” Legislator Lou D’Amaro (D, North Babylon) said in a release. “I urge every senior resident to take full advantage of this professional community outreach program so that they don’t miss out on the County’s network of services.”
In order to help fulfil the needs of all the Town of Babylon's residents, the county has added the following additional days and times to the Fall schedule:
- Deer Park Library, 44 Lake Avenue, Deer Park: Tuesday, November 27 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lindenhurst Memorial Library, 1 Lee Avenue, Lindenhurst: Mondays, October 22 and December 17 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- North Amityville Nutrition Center, 48-C Cedar Road, Amityville: Tuesday, December 4 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Center, 293 Buffalo Avenue, Lindenhurst: Wednesdays, November 7 and December 5 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Spangle Drive Center, 483 Spangle Drive, North Babylon: Mondays, November 5 and December 3 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tanner Park Nutrition Center, #2 Tanner Park, Copiague: Wednesdays, November 21 and December 19 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- West Babylon Library, 211 Route 109, West Babylon: Thursday, November 29 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wyandanch Nutrition Center, 28 Wyandanch Avenue, Wyandanch: Fridays, November 16 and December 7 from 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.