The Suffolk County Senior Advocates will be visiting multiple locations throughout the Town of Babylon to help answer senior citizen's questions and assist with government-related forms this spring and summer.
Legislator Lou D'Amaro (D–North Babylon) recently announced the advocates will be visiting community centers through the Town of Babylon to help the area's older residents with information gathering, completion of eligibility or recertification applications and referrals to appropriate community agencies.
“With the cold and unpredictable winter weather behind us, it’s an ideal time for Suffolk County seniors to get out and visit with their local senior advocates to learn more about all of the critical programs that are available,” D’Amaro said in a release. “Nobody should ever have to go without food, medical attention or other necessities, which is why our senior advocates literally bring these vital programs and services directly to our seniors in their own communities.”
Senior advocates will be in the West Babylon area to help on multiple days:
- West Babylon Public Library – Thurs., May 23 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The following times and places were also announced in Babylon Town:
- Deer Park Library – Tues., May 28 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Spangle Drive Center – Mon., May 6 & June 3 – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lindenhurst Library – Mon., Apr. 29 & June 24 – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- North Amity Nutrition Center – Tues., May 7 & June 4 – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Center – Wed., May 1 & June 5 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tanner Park Nutrition Center – Wed., Apr. 17, May 22 & June 19 – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wyandanch Nutrition Center – Fri., May 17, June 7 & June 21 – 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.