The Babylon Village Board of Trustees held a regular meeting at Babylon Village Hall on Tuesday, January 22nd, discussing a wide variety of topics during their meeting.
The following resolutions were brought before the board for discussion and decision:
- The board approved Jeannie Finelli to the positions of Deputy Village Clerk and Secretary to the Board of Trustees until March 2013.
- The board approved a rescheduled big opening on the concrete retaining wall of the Village Pool on January 31st.
- The board approved a bid opening on the bulkhead replacement at the Village Pool on January 31st.
- The board approved a rebid on the roofing and building repairs at the Village Pool for February 14th.
- The board approved the Babylon Village Arts Council to hold an outdoor art exhibit on May 18th and 19th at Argyle Park.
- The board tabled a request from the Post Office Cafe for a live band for another date.
- A public hearing will be held on February 12 at 7 p.m. to discuss the following local laws:
- A law allowing the village to raise the tax levy cap for the upcoming year, in the possibility it is necessary to do so.
- A law allowing the village to award bids for projects based on the best value rather than the lowest price.