Babylon Village enters the third day after Superstorm Sandy slammed through Long Island, bringing destruction and devestation throughout the tri-state area. With power remaining out to most of the village and neighboring West Babylon, it is no surprise that most places are closed.
However, some life is returning as the power slowly creeps back on.
If you own a business or organization and would like to announce its closure OR opening, please do so by adding a comment below or email the editor.
Closed for November 1st, 2012
- All Babylon Public Schools
- All North Babylon Public Schools
- All West Babylon Public Schools
- Cross of Christ Lutheran Preschool
- St. Joseph's Nursery School
- The Early Childhood Center of West Babylon
- Just Kids Early Childhood Center (Lindenhurst)
- St. John the Baptist High School
- Most of Babylon Business District (Note: Many have announced they will open if power returns. Stay tuned to Patch for any updates.)
Open for November 1st, 2012
- West Babylon Public Library
- Village of Babylon businesses on John Street, including Babylon Village Deli and Francesco's
- Lily Flanagan's
- Molto Vino
- Babylon Village Hall (limited service)
- Divine Rhythms Studio (starting at 3:30 p.m.)
- Babylon Town Hall
- Babylon Town Hall Annex