Now almost 4 days since Hurricane Sandy's last strong gust on Long Island, Babylon Village is returning to some sense of normalcy. Many organizations and local businesses have reopened their doors.
Closed on November 2nd
- All Babylon Public Schools
- All West Babylon Public Schools
- All North Babylon Public Schools
- Alphabet Kids
- Cross of Christ Lutheran Preschool
- Just Kids Early Childhood Learning Center (Lindenhurst)
- St. Joseph's Nursery School
- St. John the Baptist HS (West Islip)(Planned Closing)
Open on November 2nd
- West Babylon Public Library
- Babylon Village Hall
- Almost all of the Babylon Business District on Railroad Ave, Deer Par Ave and Main Street
- Please note: Many restaurants and salons have not gotten their gas power back yet, so many will be open with no way of cooking or heating. Call ahead to check.