The Babylon Board of Education unanimously passed a measure to make four district teachers and one counselor tenured members at their meeting on June 11th at Babylon Junior-Senior High School.
The board promoted elementary teacher Jennifer Brown, mathematics teacher Frank Mancuso, English teacher Sarah Schreiber, art teacher Patricia Stork and counselor Rebecca Winter to tenure status, all effective at the start of the new school year on September 1, 2012.
The board also eliminated three positions from the district – a head custodial worker, a school psychologist and a school attendance aide.
Other items discussed during the meeting:
- The board to help redesign an old art classroom at the Junior-Senior High School into a brand new state of art science research facility.
- The board also named Babylon's James M. Campbell, Architects as the head architecture firm in charge of the new research lab.
- Board member publicly for a new term of office following the May elections and .
- The varsity baseball, softball, and boys' lacrosse as well as members of the varsity track team were .
- Interim Superintendent Dr. Peter Daly also awarded plaques to the High School's graduating class and salutatorian.