The Babylon School District Board of Education will hold a tonight at the starting at 7:30pm. A number of high profile items will be on tonight's agenda:
- The board will accept a donation made by Theresa Santmann and the Theresa Patnode Santmann Foundation for $200,000. The board said it plans on using the funds donated to renovate an existing room inside of the Babylon Junior Senior High School into a research science center.
- The board will name James M. Campbell Architects the lead architects in charge of the research science project. is a local Babylon-based company.
- Santmann will also donate an additional $5,000 to the board for participating in the Town of Babylon's Art Festival.
- Babylon High School alum Alfred Guy will donate $1,000 to the board.
- New trustee Roger Katz will formally take the Oath of Office to enter the Board of Education.
- The board will offer full-time tenure status to four district teachers and one counselor.