The Babylon School District Board of Education will be holding a meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Babylon Junior-Senior High School library. The public session of the meeting will get under way at 7:00 p.m.
Tonight's meeting agenda includes several new items, including:
- Approval of new meeting days and times for the 2012-2013 school year for the Board of Education.
- The board will allow the Superintendent to make conditional appointments during the next school year.
- The board will appoint six new curriculum coordinators, four directors, four new administrative assistants and two co-administrative assistants.
- The board will seek to appoint Kerri Whalen as the Individual Competitor Swimming superviosr for Babylon students and allow coaches from West Islip, Half Hallow Hills and Islip schools to coach Babylon students.
- The board will name coaches for all fall sports.
- The board will appoint other positions including special education parent trainer, security guards, a special education parent training and counseling consultant and audit committee members.
- The board will approve Dr. Carl Soranno for physician consulting services for the upcoming school year.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.