The Babylon Board of Education will hold its last regular meeting of the 2011-2012 school year tonight at Babylon Junior-Senior High School starting at 7:30pm. Come on out to the last meeting and voice any opinions, concerns or questions with board members.
On the agenda for tonight's meeting:
- Employment: The resignation of one teacher and appointment of new teachers, a therapist, an aide and other employees will be up for debate and approval.
- Payments: The hourly wages for a substitute teacher will be up for debate, rising from $14.50/hr to $14.85/hr effective September 1st.
- School Codes and Policies: The board will debate new policies and codes for the school district, including Sexual Harassment, Bullying, Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities.
- Transportation: The board will approve the new transportation contract with Eastern Suffolk BOCES for the 2012-2013 year.
- Contracts and Agreements: The board will approve various contractual agreements with the following organizations or companies – Guercio & Guercio Contracts, Integra Consulting and Computer Services, MSG Varsity, SCOPE Special Education Services, DDI SEDCAR and more.
- Nutrition: The board will approve a measure to jointly bid on food services with other public school districts on Long Island as necessary by law.
- Recommendations: The board will accept all recommendations by the Committees on Special Education and Preschool Special Education.