On Jan. 8, 60 West Babylon Senior High School students took part in the annual DECA Regional Competition held at Suffolk County Community College.
Six of those students qualified for the state competition, placing within the top 10 in their respective categories. Four students were recognized with honorable mention.
DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) is a group that furthers the business education of students allowing them to explore areas such as finance, marketing, hospitality and management.
“All of the students who competed did an outstanding job, and we are so very proud of them,” said West Babylon business teacher Colleen Kilgus.
The district congratulates the following students:
Top 10 Awards
- Lisa Quinones – Principles of Hospitality & Tourism Exam
- Lily Li – Accounting Applications Exam
- Paige Retaleato – Accounting Applications Exam
- Keith Maerki – Sports & Entertainment Marketing Exam
- Benjamin McGreevey – Sales Demonstration Role Play
- Joeseph Zappia – Restaurant & Food Service Management Exam
- Jessica Lisio – Buying & Merchandising Team Exam
- Shannon Reahl – Buying & Merchandising Team Exam
- Carly Murphy – Apparel & Accessories Marketing Exam
- Allison Hernandez – Human Resources Management Exam