Drag box to select area
One of the most historic buildings in the village is the Nathaniel Conklin House, which was built in 1803 on Main Street and then relocated to the current site in 1871. Nathaniel Conklin was a tannery operator with a business on East Main Street and reportedly the largest landowner and an active community resident. There were several owners after he died in 1844. In 1915 it was used as a boarding house and was eventually deeded to the Red Cross by another owner, until it went on the sale block once again in 1989. The village bought the structure and began restoration efforts the next year. It now serves as a historic house museum and cultural center and is often the site of village events and cared for by the village historical society.
280 Deer Park Ave, Babylon, NY 11702
- Hours: By appointment
- Accessible: yes